Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Science of Getting a better Job

Early in the year 2007, I was working in a dead-end job which paid me below $128 every month. Some times we waited for up to four (4) months before part of the wages were paid. I had little hope for a better future.
Being a firm believer in the love of God through Jesus, I kept on praying trusting Him for a miracle Job. In my home country, getting highly paid jobs required connections of which I seemed to have none; I was frustrated and at my wits end.

I am not sure how, but some how I came across a free copy of a little e-book called The Science of getting rich by Wallace Wattles on the internet. I downloaded a copy and saved it on my old Celeron desktop for study. Reading chapter 11 Acting in the certain Way, I came across a sentence that I felt addressed my situation: “Hold the vision of yourself in the job you want, while you ACT with faith and purpose on the job you have, and you will certainly get the job you want. “

There was a research institute that earlier on in the year I had visited and submitted my resumes and because I had no one to stand for me, I kept missing opportunities. My visits there showed me how things were done: the lawn was well mowed, a rare sight in any government establishment; the workers each had a name tag hanging on their necks as dog-tags or clipped to their dresses; they came to work early; they were excited about the job; and they were highly paid compared to my dead-end job.

So I went into action. I continued to cry out to God, who was able to save me from my situation; I studied the words of Jesus in Mark 11:24, "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."; then I got a my ID card and hung it round my neck like a dog-tag; I kept on visualizing myself walking around a neat environment with all the lawns constantly mowed and tended; I started coming to work early and took the small tasks I was given seriously; I started making personal financial budgets that reflected someone that earns a higher monthly wage.

My colleagues thought I was silly to have hung my ID card like that. No one was proud of the job. It was no job since people preferred to come late and close early and were hardly on seat to work. As an engineer, I was actually redundant since there was no engineering related work for me to actually do.

In the month of august, I discovered that I had missed a test for a job I had applied with our country’s Central Bank. It was distressing but I consoled myself with a verse of scripture that said, God is light; in Him there is no darkness at all. To me missed opportunities, poverty and lack are the same with darkness; but God dwells in me.
That same month, God performed a miracle as far as I am concerned – I got the job with the research institute. I presently wear my ID card like they do, I walk in between the lawns etc just as I envisioned. I couldn’t believe my eyes when my first pay check came my way.

This is a true story and I am still working there now as I type this post. I sowed a seed and through right action and thought, this seed germinated and produced the fruit called "...a better job". I have also manifested a laptop and some other stuff I can't write about now. I still think a Christian can experience the so-called law of attraction, but should do so with caution and never assume the position of God. satan tried it once and was casted down out of heaven. The principle of sowing and reaping as presented in the Bible appeals to me more. I still have some stuff i need to see manifest but yet to or might never come to past. Its a fact in life. No amount of huna or Nevillizing would help me. They might even get me in trouble. Only my relationship with the Lord would put me through it all.

Ricky Macharm has a great free resource blog, http://law-of-attraction-for-christians.blogspot.com/containing different articles. Visit today.

No comments:

Post a Comment